Some of the best exercises that can give a kick start to a healthy life include:
One of the best core strength training exercises, hip roll is ideal for hip pain and inflexibility. People suffering from hip joint problem can try this exercise. The steps include:
• Lie on your back and ensure to keep your arms stretched sideways
• Keep your knees bent and try raising your feet from the floor
• Next, turn your hips to the side as it allows your legs to make a parallel position with the ground
For strong abdominal muscles, the hip roll exercise seems to be the perfect choice. Start with 5 to 10 reps every day.
Low Back Extension
The low back extension exercise strengthens the erector spine and other minor muscles of the back. Performing this exercise appropriately will lessen the probability of injury and make sure that the target muscles are being looked after. The steps are:
• Lie with your stomach flat on the ground.
• Keep your arms at the sides and legs completely extended on the ground
• Now, raise your upper body and head off the floor. While doing this, make sure you are using your lower back muscles.
• Maintain the posture for 5 seconds.
Performing the low back extension exercise will boost your capability to synchronize movement via your lower back. Start with 10 to 15 reps per day.
Partial Sit Up
Individuals suffering from back pain can try partial sit ups. It’s similar to an ordinary sit up and ensures to provide relief to your strained lower back muscles. The steps include:
• Lie on your back and allow your feet to rest on the ground
• Next bend your knees and try raising your neck, head, and shoulders
• Keep the same posture for about 5 seconds
The exercise keeps your back healthy and is easy to do. Start slow and increase your reps every day.
Knee to Chest
Similar to partial sit up, this exercise is recommended for a healthy back. The steps include:
➢ Rest your back on the ground
➢ Next, keep your feet flat on the ground
➢ Now, try raising one knee at a time up towards your chest (use both hands for support)
➢ Hold the posture for 10 seconds before repeating with the other leg
The exercise ensures to keep your back and glutes healthy. You can do 4 to 5 reps with each leg. Once done, try repeating the exercise using both legs.
This spine-friendly exercise works best for your back muscles. The steps are easy to follow and include:
• Place yourself on your hands and knees.
• Try pushing your back to the ceiling using your abdominal muscles. While doing this, you’ll find your head facing the ground.
• Next, make sure to drop your back as it helps in keeping your lower back extended. While you do this, make sure to keep your head in a raised position.
• Also keep your elbows straight, as the lone movement is supposed to be in the spine.
Cat Camel exercise is the safest way to keep the back mobilized, increase muscle tone, and lower stiffness. Perform 12-15 reps every day.
Back extension exercise help lower the risk of back injury. Use a stability ball for better performance. The steps include:
• Keep your stomach flat on the ball.
• Place your hands at the back of your head.
• Tauten the abdominal muscles and use the lower back muscles for added pressure. To do this, you’ll have to contact your glutes as it further aids in raising your chest and shoulders off the stability ball.
Individuals with a herniated disc should keep away from this exercise as it may augment intervertebral pressure.
This stretching exercise works on your lower back muscles, glutes, and hamstrings. A fabulous start for beginners, the steps are simple to follow and include:
• Lie straight and face down on the ground.
• Extend your arms above your head and gradually start raising your legs, chest, and arms off the floor.
• Hold the position for 30 seconds before releasing your legs, chest, and arms back to the ground.
Double Leg Lifts
Double leg lifts is a superb exercise for increasing core strength. The steps are:
• Lie face down and extend your hand on the ground. Use a stability ball for added support and make sure your hands are positioned facing the ball.
• Lift your legs slowly until you are able to maintain a horizontal position.
• Retain the posture for 10 seconds before your release your legs back to the ground.
Repeat the exercise to 10 times every day.
A salient exercise for your spinal cord, the steps include:
➢ Rest on a chair and work by stretching an arm across the stomach. While doing this, make sure that you are able to grab the other side of your chair.
➢ Next, turn the low- and mid-back slowly and hold the position for 15-30 seconds.
External Shoulder Rotation
A sensational cure for frozen shoulders, you can follow these steps for a healthy living:
➢ Lie on the right side and ensure keeping the right arm folded beneath the head
➢ The upper left arm and your torso should be in a parallel position
➢ Keep your arm slightly curved at the elbow as it gives better positioning to your forearm
➢ Now, lie flat across your stomach and keep your hand stretched on the ground.
➢ Rotate your shoulder slowly and it aids in raising your forearm. Furthermore, it also helps you to maintain a perpendicular position
➢ Repeat the exercise using your left arm
Internal Shoulder Rotation
Get rid of your intrinsic shoulder problems with these simple steps:
• Lie on your side (right); however, make sure your right hand is free.
• Keep the right arm close to the body. Your elbows should be bending as well.
• Now, try moving your forearm by turning your shoulder.
• Repeat for 10 to 15 times.
Lateral and Front Deltoid Raise
For bigger and stronger shoulders, you need to:
o Keep your arms towards the side. Make sure that the palms face the thighs.
o Tauten the abdomen, and bend your knees to some extent.
o Ensure positioning your feet shoulder-width apart.
o Lift your arms slowly till they reach your shoulder’s height.
o Hold this posture for a few seconds.
Single-Arm Lat Pulldown
For stronger arms and shoulders, you’ll have to:
• Hold a stretchy opposition band and raise both the hands.
• Tauten the abdomen, and bend your knees to some extent.
• Position your feet at shoulder-width distance.
• Pull down to the side using one of your arms. Do this until your arm reaches the torso.
• Hold the position for a few seconds before going back to the start position.
Stability Ball Push-Ups
• Keep the stability below your stomach for added support
• Your hands should be placed on the ground, right in front
• Slowly roll forward until you’ve managed to balance your shins on the ball
• Now, start off with the push-ups
Side Lumbar Bridge
• Lie sideways and keep both legs straight
• For upper body support, keep the elbow below your shoulder
• Now, use your torso to raise the hips
• Maintain this posture for 10-15 seconds
Single-Leg Reverse Curl
• Rest your back on the floor
• Bend either of your knees and ensure to keep the foot flat on the ground
• Raise the other leg slightly so that it doesn’t touches the floor
• Keep your arms flat by the side of your body
• Now, raise the working leg and ensure it reaches up to the belly button
• Wait for a few seconds before you return to the start position
• Repeat using another leg
Crunch W/ Stability Ball
• Rest your back on the ball
• Keep your hands either folded crossways your chest or at the back of your head
• Keep a backwards-pelvic slant
• Now, try lifting the shoulder blades away from the ball
Stand facing the wall and hold the stability ball at forehead height. Use your neck muscles to push your forehead into the stability ball. Relax and repeat.
Neck Flexion, Extension, and Lateral
For the neck flexion exercise, you need to:
• Face the wall and stand
• Use a stability ball for added support
• Ensure that the ball is placed at the height of your forehead
• Apply pressure on the neck muscles to thrust the forehead into the ball
For the neck extension exercise, you’ll have to:
• Face the wall and stand
• Use a stability ball for added support
• Ensure that the ball is placed at the back of your head
• Now, try pushing the back of your head into the stability ball
For the neck lateral exercise, you’ll have to:
➢ Face the wall and stand
➢ Use a stability ball for added support
➢ Keep the ball on top of your shoulder
➢ Push your head’s side crossways into the ball
• Bend your head sideways so that your ears come close to your shoulder
• Hold the position for 5 seconds
Neck stretches are fantastic strengthening exercises. You may do them in 6, 8, or 10 set several times in a day. With consistency, you’ll be amazed at the brilliant results. However, you should immediately stop doing the exercise in case you encounter problems like imbalance or dizziness. Make sure to get in touch with your health care practitioner ASAP! There is something wrong. Do not act like there is nothing wrong and do not force your body to do something that results in strange sensations like this.